Jeffrey Thomas Biography
Jeffrey Thomas makes his living as a music instructor. Lessons are taught in person or through webcam. Accepting students of all ages and levels has exposed him to vast genres of music. Traditional Classical to Punk, Black Metal to Praise & Worship, Flamenco to Radio Disney Artists, Blues of many forms, Hip Hop, Reggae, Folk, Shred, Bluegrass, Motown, Rock, Grunge, Indie, Pop, R&B, Funk, Rockabilly, Latin, Country, World Music…
Currently Jeff is working diligently on his Classical, Jazz Chord Melody, Travis Picking and Flamenco playing. His interest in Flamenco will take him to Spain for extensive study of Cante and Baile accompaniment as well as solo flamenco playing.
Jeff’s students all benefit from his continued study of diverse styles. His teaching approach is a unique blend of standard notation, tablature transcriptions with rhythmic values, improvisation, traditional & modern theory, practice routines, improvisation, harmonic analysis and technique studies. Each student is taught to be inspired and how to enjoy the process of reaching their goals.
As well as private instruction Jeffrey has coached Rock School groups and taught group classes on basic to advanced playing subjects.
- Golden West College-Huntington Beach, Ca: Classical & Jazz Theory, Ear Training
- Orange Coast College-Costa Mesa, Ca: Classical/Jazz Theory, Rhythmic Training, Ear Training
- Saddleback College-Mission Viejo, Ca: Jazz Theory, Improvisation, Ear Training
- University California Irvine-Irvine, Ca: Classical/Modern Guitar Technique with Richard Glenn
- Private Study with: Ted Greene, Ron Eschete, George Van Eps, Carl Verheyen, Scott Henderson, Frank Gambale, Buzz Feiten, Antonio Rey, Si Eubanks, Eric Marienthal
- BMI Television/Film Credits: ABC Pro Ski Tour, Toyota, Rossignol, The Extremists, Death Ring, Nascar